Thanksgiving is celebrated every year on the 4th Thursday in November. This year it’s on the 26th of November.
Watch the video and fill in the gaps
1) The Pilgrims sailed from England to North America in __________.
2) The ship was called the __________.
3) Some of them were looking for greater __________ freedoms.
4) Around __________ people were crammed onto the small Mayflower.
5) There were animals on board the Mayflower: __________, __________, __________, and __________.
6) They decided to stay in the harbor at __________ on November 11th.
7) By December they had moved to a place they named __________.
8) They were not prepared for the __________.
9) By the time the spring of 1621 came, only about __________ of the passengers and crew were still alive.
10) In April 1621, the Mayflower returned to __________.
11) The Pilgrims received help from the __________ that lived in their area.
12) One man, named __________, taught the English settlers how to plant corn, how to fish, and how to live in their new home.
13) Squanto knew how to speak __________.
14) In October 1621 the Pilgrims and the Indians had a celebration that is often called, __________.