Watch this awesome video about Yosemite National Park and do the excercises.
Task 1. Match the words with the explanations.
|1||stunning||A||something interesting or enjoyable that people want to visit, see, or do|
|2||accommodation||B||to provide (a room or building) with furniture|
|3||attraction||C||different in a way that you can see, hear, smell, feel, etc. :noticeably different|
|4||distinct||D||very beautiful or pleasing|
|5||to furnish||E||to have people as guests in your home or in a public place|
|6||rustic||F||a large vehicle that often has a bathroom, kitchen, and beds for use during travel and camping|
|7||to entertain||G||a place (such as a room in a hotel) where travelers can sleep and find other services|
|8||RV (recreational vehicle)||H||made of rough wood|
Task 2. Fill in the gaps.
- One of the grandest destinations in America is the ___________ Yosemite National Park.
- The fully ____________ rustic cabins are perfect for the non-camper.
- There are over _________ different tent and ________ sites to choose from.
- There are plenty of ways _________________ the whole family.
- There’s _____________ and a country store.
- The main attraction is __________ up the road.
- From the tallest _____________ in North America to wide open meadow and some of the oldest ___________ in the world.
Task 3. Mark the statements True, False or No Information.
- It’s difficult to find a place to stay at Yosemite Lakes.
- Tourists can only choose from different types of cabins.
- It doesn’t take you long to get to Yosemite National Park from the campground.
- You have to take everything you need with you from home because there’re no shops at Yosemite Lakes.
- The gas station at the campground is less expensive than inside Yosemite.